Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Italiano Ziti

We are growing an herd garden to better understand the value of local living economies and also so that we can all try to go more green and we are cooking with them to prove that with small steps we can make the world a better and more sustainable place.
Ziti Recipe 

Must have a dish that is bigger than or fits the requirements of (height 2 inches and 14 x 14 inches!!! 

1 tablespoon Olive Oil 
1/2 to 1 Onion
6 Garlic Cloves
1 Jar Marinara Sauce
1 Jar Alfredo Sauce
1 (28-ounces) Can Crushed tomatoes
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
16 ounces Cottage Cheese
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper
12 ounces 33/4 Ziti Noddles(Any type of noddle will do)

Lets Begin!!! =)

Step 1: Preheat a pan to a medium-low heat and poor olive oil

Step 2: Take 1 onion peal and cut in half. Cut it in even slices. If you wish to have more onion then continue with slicing the other half. As soon as the pan is ready put in onions. Stir regularly

Step 3: Take garlic cloves and smash (large knifes work great) then peal. Proceed to mincing.
Once this is done poor in with the onions and continue cooking until onions are clear and brown.
Making the Sauce!!!

Step 4: Poor all of the Marinara, Alfredo, tomato sauce cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese into a large pot on medium heat, Stir regularly for 5-10 minutes.

Step 5: Fill a pot with water and once boiling put in noodles. WARNING!!! ONLY COOK FOR 10 MINUTES then strain. 

Step 6: Mix noodles into sauce and mix for a minute. 

Step 7: Then poor into a oven durable dish and insert WITH A LID into a preheated oven   of 475 degree's for 30 minutes. 

Step 8: Remove lid from dish after the 30 minutes and continue for another 30 minutes.

Step 9: Pull out of oven and set to cool.

Step 10: Enjoy!!!














Reflection: It tasted absolutely mouth watering all the cheeses blended together nicely. When you take the noodles out early is softens and cooks into its more flavorful state in the sauce. One thing that I would have done differently is that when you but the oven on preheat make sure that there are no pans in the oven to burn yourself on!!! 
The process of growing and cooking with herbs has changed my thinking because by showing all
the simple steps to make a great recipe for something I made myself makes me want to spread the word on how simple it is to live more sustainably.

A special thanks to my mom Sandra Wren for providing me with the ingenious recipe and for helping me bring it to life. 








 
 



6 comments:

Ms. Charlotte said...

Taylor, this looks mouthwatering. I can't wait to try it. Yum, cheese!

James A. said...

Wow! This recipe looks DELICIOUS. Out of all of the posts I've seen, this one I definitely want to try the most. You did a great job taking pictures and documenting your cooking.

Ciara said...

Wow, yours looks sooo yummy! I'm definatley going to try this one over my weekend. Thanks for the recipe!

HanaHadassah said...

It looks really good!!!!

I really loved your pictures!!!! They made what you wrote so much clearer and I am so going to try this!!!! You have given me an idea for my dinner day >:3 MUHAHAHAHA!!!!

carli12345 said...

yummm it looks so good I love it good jod with the motion caught pics they look cool!

Dominic said...

Hey I loved the description that you used during the reflection... yuum, i wanna eat that!!! lol