Monday, April 20, 2009

Sustainability



What struck me when I went to the farmers market I was actually disapointed that several items were not even from close by.
Some tomatos were grown in Mexico,and some corn was grown in the Salines Vally, and that is not what I had in mind
of localy grown. Over all I was disipointed with the overall distance or quality of the food. So I went back home and with
the help of me and my mom made our garden. Currently we have five tomatos, several rows of lettece, carrots, spinige,
two eggplants, around ten herbs, snow peas and lots of flowers. Mom has always been obsesin about growing a garden and
as a family that goal is achiveable.

Interview

What is your name.
Sandra Wren
The consumer!!!
Why do you choose to shop hear rather than large industries.
Because you can do it for the good of others and and yourself, and rely less on gasoline and this way you know it
is more organic.
When did you first start coming hear.
two weeks ago.
Yes I garden at home.
How did you find out about this place.
She came to her own conclusion because she wanted food from a more reliable sorce.
What would your advice be to others.
Be indipendint follow what you belive in and don't let anyone tell you different.


No comments: